Improving Health Care for Seniors
DF works with healthcare providers across the continuum of care to create sustainable and cost-effective programs, improved care delivery processes and learning opportunities that improve patient outcomes. Our improvement initiatives are aligned with major health quality improvement programs, such as the Partnership for Patients, and can help providers prepare for value-based purchasing.
DF invites healthcare professionals from hospitals, nursing homes, large and small physician practices, community organizations, and all persons with an interest in improving health care to partner with us on a variety of improvement initiatives, including:
- Reducing central line blood stream infections and catheter-associated urinary tract infections.
- Improving coordination of care during transitions across care settings, including hospitals, nursing homes, and home health.
- Reducing healthcare-acquired conditions (HACs), including pressure ulcers and physical restraints.
- Reducing adverse drug events in high-risk patients.
- Using the power of electronic health record (EHR) systems to improve cancer screenings, adult immunizations, and cardiovascular health.
- Meeting data reporting requirements for Medicare’s inpatient and outpatient value-based purchasing initiatives and its Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) program.